Saturday, May 22, 2010

Abstract Paintings


Last year, I asked my other nephew, Ben, to look through a couple of my art collection books and point out his favorites. He has always had an interest in art, and it was fascinating to me to review his eclectic choices. Topping his list were a couple of Jackson Pollacks, so I used that as inspiration to create a piece for his birthday last May. Above was the result. Ben and his then-fiance, Erin, liked it so much, they asked if I would do another, and possibly two, to create a triptych for their new home. Below is Part II. I hope they like this one just as well. Part III is waiting for a nice (non-windy) day for its' evolution. (Believe me, I learned that after Part I - I had paint EVerywhere - and I did it outside! But it was absolutely fun.) I'm looking forward to seeing them hanging in Ben & Erin's lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment